The government has introduced additional sports funding for schools for the next two years. We welcome this at St Mary’, since it has allowed us to continue to provide our after school sports activities free for this year. It also allows us to support our core teaching staff in improving their own teaching of gymnastics, dance and games.
Additionally this year we will be introducing some family activities designed to get families taking exercise together, as well as taster days to introduce children to an even wider variety of physical activities. Already we have had a Martial Arts taster day with workshops for all.
Watch this space for more news on this later in the term.
What’s On Offer?
Key Stage 1
- Specialist sports coaching weekly in PE lessons
- After school multi sports activity, one term for each year group
- Football coaching with MUFC and MCFC
Key Stage 2
- Specialist sports coaching weekly
- After school multi sports and football
- Tag rugby
- Gaelic football
- Water polo
- Roller hockey
- Only Girls Allowed- multisports targeted specifically at girls
- Holiday provision multisports clubs negotiated with speciality coaches