As a Catholic School, our aim is to provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment in which Every Child Matters and in which our children can learn and grow with Jesus as their example. Accordingly, all that happens in St. Mary’s School, the curriculum, the relationships, the priorities, the pastoral care and discipline should reflect God’s loving care for each person involved in the school’s life.
Our school, therefore, tries to help pupils:
- To develop lively, enquiring minds with the ability to question and argue rationally and apply themselves to tasks.
- To acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to enable them to participate as citizens in a rapidly changing world.
- To appreciate human achievement by study and knowledge of language and literature, mathematics, art, music, drama, science, technology and physical pursuits and to experience their own sense of achievement in these areas.
- To understand the world in which they live and the need for co-operation between individuals, groups and nations.
- To experience responsibility and exercise judgement.
- To realise that the school is a caring, supportive learning environment, where there is equal opportunity, regardless of sex, race, age, culture or disadvantage.
- To make the learning process enjoyable by taking advantage of the educational opportunities provided by the school.
St Mary’s RC Primary School
Tel: 0161 224 5995
Fax: 0161 257 0226
Head Teacher: Mrs M McGuire