SAINT ROBERT OF NEWMINSTER PARISH
Parish Priest: Fr. Michael Dever – Tel. 0161 224 1498
St. Mary of the Angels & St. Clare Church, Elbow St, Levenshulme, M19 3PY
St. Richard Church, Sutcliffe Avenue, Longsight, M12 5TN
Resident at St. Mary’s Presbytery: Fr. Laurence Gambella,
Tel. 0161 224 1895 Assistant Priest & Hospital Chaplain & Fr. Martin Dowd, Tel. 0161 225 9840 Chaplain to the Central M/c Hospitals
EIGHTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
They all ate as much as they wanted
This Week’s Masses are as follows: St. Richard’s – Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.15am
St. Mary’s – Tuesday & Thursday at 9.30am Saturday morning only at 11am
Guidelines for attending Mass:
There is still NO OBLIGATION to attend Mass.
1. St Mary’s can hold about 46 people and St. Richard’s 26 people under the present conditions, if more than that come, they will have to stand outside, so please consider attending a weekday Mass if you can, Saturday Mass at St. Mary’s will mainly be for parishioners who work during the week and families with young children.
2. Please use provided hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the church. The church will be cleaned between Masses.
3. There will be no Servers, Sacristans, Extraordinary Minsters or Offertory Procession required at Mass until further notice, to limit the numbers touching chalices etc.
4. Please arrive by the main doors and leave by the side entrance.
5. There will be no singing and no bidding prayers at Mass.
6. The precious blood will not be distributed at this time.
7. Please avoid all physical contact with fellow parishioners. The Sign of Peace will not take place.
8. All newsletters that you have touched must be taken away with you.
9. There will be no Offertory collection, but suffice to say, in these recent months, even with nobody coming in through the doors, money has still been going out! There will be a collection basket near the exit doors, so please do make an offering if you can.
Feasts of the Week:
Tues. 4th August: Saint John Mary Vianney, Priest
Wed. 5th Aug.The Dedication of the Basilica of St. Mary Major
Thurs. 6th Aug. The Transfiguration of the Lord
Fri. 7th Aug. Saint Sixtus II, Pope & Companions, Martyrs
Sat. 8th Aug. Saint Dominic, Priest
Lately Dead: All who have died of the coronavirus and others who have died recently, John McDonagh, Fr Peter Sheahan
Mass Intention: Edward Bell, Martin Bell, Peggy Sweeney, Ann Bocock
Pray for the Sick and Housebound and all those who are suffering from the coronavirus and others who are sick at this time, including Alan Mullany, Tony Manock, Eamonn Walls, Ryan Berry, Colin Billinge, Maura Pappados, Lena Griffin, Kathleen Hayes, John O’Hara, Margaret Grimes, Karen Joyce, Anne O’Brien, John Coyne, Bridie Coyne, Janet Carroll, Pauline Brown, Bill Henderson, , Barbara Williams, Kathleen Grimes, Noreen Varley, Maureen Kennedy, Carl McGlynn, Sadie McMenamin, John Harte, Paddy McNallion, Willie John Kerrigan, Margaret Coyle, Patricia Maguire, Margaret Regan, Simon & Gillian Bryant, Kathleen McGuigan, Hannah Walsh, Finn Collins, Mary McGlade, Gary Jameson, Julie Mulrennan, Ken Ward, John Collins, Veronica Curran, Mary Dunne, Irene McCarroll, Kathleen Cartwright, May the Good Lord strengthen and comfort them. Pray also for all who care for the sick.
Baptisms: We will restart Baptisms from Saturday 8th August. We will only baptise one child at a time unless there is a sibling. Attendance is restricted to candidate, parents and Godparents plus close friends. The Baptism party in total can be no more than thirty people and strict social distancing rules must be followed. If you have had a baptism postponed you should now contact Fr. Dever for St. Richard’s (224 1498) and Wyn O’Connor for St. Mary’s (Parish Office 248 8836) to arrange a new date.
Lourdes at Home 31st July – 5th August 2020: The rescheduling of our 88th Salford Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes was a decision that was taken with the safety of pilgrims and volunteers at the forefront. In keeping with this sense of family and community, the Salford Lourdes pilgrimage coordination team have elected to present ‘Lourdes at Home’. They will mark the time they should have been present at ‘Our Lady’s Grotto’ in Lourdes with a programme of livestreamed services from Bishop John and a selection of reflective videos and inspiring messages, whilst all the time keeping in prayer the sick and vulnerable in our diocese who are at the heart of all that we do in Lourdes. Please join ‘Lourdes at Home’, and follow the website link for the event timetable https://www.salfordlourdes.co.uk/
Caritas Diocese of Salford: There is a vacancy for a Support Worker who will support isolated older people, who may be vulnerable, living at home in North Manchester. 6 month Fixed Term Contract, 25.9 hours (3.5 days) per week – £19,171 per annum (£6,709 actual salary) plus Essential Car User Allowance. Further details at www.caritassalford.org.uk
Hostel Operations Manager: 37hrs. per week – scp20-25 £25,295 – £28,785 per annum. Closing date Friday, 14th August 2020. Visit above website or contact Rebecca Anderson on 0161 817 2264 or email email@example.com
Items for the newsletter including Mass Intentions can be left at the Parish Office Tel. 0161 248 8836 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday midday. The weekend newsletter is published on Friday mornings!