SAINT ROBERT OF NEWMINSTER PARISH
Parish Priest: Fr. Michael Dever – Tel. 0161 224 1498
St. Mary of the Angels & St. Clare Church, Elbow St, Levenshulme, M19 3PY
St. Richard Church, Sutcliffe Avenue, Longsight, M12 5TN
Resident at St. Mary’s Presbytery: Fr. Laurence Gambella, Tel. 0161 224 1895 Assistant Priest & Hospital Chaplain & Fr. Martin Dowd, Tel. 0161 225 9840 Chaplain to the Central M/c Hospitals
SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
He sells everything he owns and buys the field
Celebration of Mass once again
Both of our churches are looking forward to celebrating the first Mass in the parish since March commencing on Monday 27th July.
This Week’s Masses are as follows:
St. Richard’s – Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.15am
St. Mary’s – Tuesday & Thursday at 9.30am Saturday morning only at 11am
Guidelines for attending Mass:
There is still NO OBLIGATION to attend Mass.
1. St Mary’s can hold about 46 people and St. Richard’s 26 people under the present conditions, if more than that come, they will have to stand outside, so please consider attending a weekday Mass if you can, instead of Saturday morning.
2. Please use provided hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the church. The church will be cleaned between Masses.
3. There will be no Servers, Sacristans, Extraordinary Minsters or Offertory Procession required at Mass until further notice, to limit the numbers touching chalices etc.
4. Please arrive by the main doors and leave by the side entrance.
5. There will be no singing and no bidding prayers at Mass.
6. The precious blood will not be distributed at this time.
7. Please avoid all physical contact with fellow parishioners. The Sign of Peace will not take place.
8. All newsletters that you have touched must be taken away with you.
9. There will be no Offertory collection, but suffice to say, in these recent months, even with nobody coming in through the doors, money has still been going out! There will be a collection basket near the exit doors, so please do make an offering if you can.
Feasts of the Week:
Wednesday 29th July: Saint Martha
Thurs. 30th July: Saint Peter Chrysologus, Bishop and Doctor
Friday 31st July: Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Priest
Sat. 1st August: St Alphonsus Mary Liguori, Bishop and Doctor
All who have died of the coronavirus and others who have died recently, Ryan Berry, Michael Ryan, Nellie Ferris, Kath Carmount.
Phelim Clerkin, Nellie O’ Dowd, Paul Dunne, Mai Lanigan
Pray for the Sick and Housebound and all those who are suffering from the coronavirus and others who are sick at this time, including Alan Mullany, Tony Manock, Eamonn Walls, Ryan Berry, Colin Billinge, Maura Pappados, Lena Griffin, Kathleen Hayes, John O’Hara, Margaret Grimes, Karen Joyce, Anne O’Brien, John Coyne, Bridie Coyne, Janet Carroll, Pauline Brown, Bill Henderson, , Barbara Williams, Kathleen Grimes, Noreen Varley, Maureen Kennedy, Carl McGlynn, Sadie McMenamin, John Harte, Paddy McNallion, Willie John Kerrigan, Margaret Coyle, Patricia Maguire, Margaret Regan, Simon & Gillian Bryant, Kathleen McGuigan, Hannah Walsh, Finn Collins, Mary McGlade, Gary Jameson, Julie Mulrennan, Ken Ward, John Collins, Veronica Curran, Mary Dunne, Irene McCarroll, Kathleen Cartwright, May the Good Lord strengthen and comfort them. Pray also for all who care for the sick.
Baptisms: We will restart Baptisms from Saturday 5th August. We will only baptise one child at a time unless there is a sibling. Attendance is restricted to candidate, parents and God parents plus close friends. The Baptism party in total can be no more than thirty people and strict social distancing rules must be followed. If you have had a baptism postponed you should now contact Fr. Dever for St. Richard’s (Tel. 0161 224 1498) and Wyn O’Connor for St. Mary’s (Parish Office Tel. 0161 248 8836) to arrange a new date.
School Holidays: As the school year comes to an end, we congratulate all those who have had to work in extraordinary circumstances over these past few months: our teachers, teaching assistants, all school staff, parents who have had to become home-schoolers and, of course, our pupils themselves. We wish them all a good break over the coming weeks and hope they will be refreshed for the new school year in September.
Caritas Diocese of Salford: There is a vacancy for a Support Worker who will support isolated older people, who may be vulnerable, living at home in North Manchester. 6 month Fixed Term Contract, 25.9 hours (3.5 days) per week – £19,171 per annum (£6,709 actual salary) plus Essential Car User Allowance. Further details at www.caritassalford.org.uk
Items for the newsletter including Mass Intentions can be left at the Parish Office Tel. 0161 248 8836 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday midday. The weekend newsletter is published on Friday mornings!