SAINT ROBERT OF NEWMINSTER PARISH
Parish Priest: Fr. Michael Dever – Tel. 0161 224 1498
St. Mary of the Angels & St. Clare Church, Elbow St, Levenshulme, M19 3PY
St. Richard Church, Sutcliffe Avenue, Longsight, M12 5TN
Resident at St. Mary’s Presbytery: Fr. Laurence Gambella,
Tel. 0161 224 1895 Assistant Priest & Hospital Chaplain & Fr. Martin Dowd,
Tel. 0161 225 9840 Chaplain to the Central M/c Hospitals
THE ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
This Week’s Masses are as follows: St. Richard’s – Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.15am
St. Mary’s – Tuesday & Thursday at 9.30am – Saturday morning at 11am
Guidelines for attending Mass:
There is still NO OBLIGATION to attend Mass.
1. St Mary’s can hold about 46 people and St. Richard’s 26 people under the present conditions, if more than that come, they will have to stand outside, so please consider attending a weekday Mass if you can, Saturday Mass at St. Mary’s will mainly be for parishioners who work during the week and families with young children.
2. Please use provided hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the church. The church will be cleaned between Masses.
3. There will be no Servers, Sacristans, Extraordinary Minsters or Offertory Procession required at Mass until further notice, to limit the numbers touching chalices etc.
4. Please arrive by the main doors and leave by the side entrance.
5. There will be no singing and no bidding prayers at Mass.
6. The precious blood will not be distributed at this time.
7. Please avoid all physical contact with fellow parishioners. The Sign of Peace will not take place.
8. All newsletters that you have touched must be taken away with you.
9. There will be no Offertory collection, but suffice to say, in these recent months, even with nobody coming in through the doors, money has still been going out! There will be a collection basket near the exit doors, so please do make an offering if you can.
Face Coverings: Face coverings became mandatory in places of worship on Saturday 8th August 2020. All those who are attending church must wear a face covering. (Those that are exempt for medical reasons or children under 11 remain exempt in these settings). This is for the good of all who gather in the Church for Mass, as it is an enclosed public space where there are people from differing households who do not normally meet. During communion please unloop your face covering and consume the Sacred Host and then replace the face covering.
Feasts of the Week:
Wednesday 19th August: Saint John Eudes, Priest
Thursday 20th August: Saint Bernard, Abbot and Doctor
Friday 21st August: Saint Pius the Tenth, Pope
Saturday 22nd Aug: The Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Lately Dead: All who have died of the coronavirus and others who have died recently, Ann Feery, Sean Connor, Gill Boyce, John (Gerry) McDonagh, Rita Woolner.
Anniversary: Mary Dolan, Séan Dolan, Mary Barry, Evelyn Magner, Martin Comerford.
Pray for the Sick and Housebound and all those who are suffering from the coronavirus and others who are sick at this time, including Fr. Kearny, Maria Daly, Ashley Lansell, Steve Kerrigan, Andy McDermott, Colette Robinson, Alan Mullany, Tony Manock, Eamonn Walls, Ryan Berry, Colin Billinge, Maura Pappados, Lena Griffin, Kathleen Hayes, John O’Hara, Margaret Grimes, Karen Joyce, Anne O’Brien, John Coyne, Bridie Coyne, Janet Carroll, Pauline Brown, Bill Henderson, , Barbara Williams, Kathleen Grimes, Noreen Varley, Maureen Kennedy, Carl McGlynn, Sadie McMenamin, John Harte, Paddy McNallion, Margaret Coyle, Patricia Maguire, Simon & Gillian Bryant, Kathleen McGuigan, Hannah Walsh, Finn Collins, Mary McGlade, Gary Jameson, Julie Mulrennan, Ken Ward, John Collins, Veronica Curran, Mary Dunne, Irene McCarroll, Kathleen Cartwright, May the Good Lord strengthen and comfort them. Pray also for all who care for the sick.
Baptisms: New guidelines – We will only baptise one child at a time unless there is a sibling. Attendance is restricted to candidate, parents and Godparents plus close friends. The Baptism party in total can be no more than thirty people and strict social distancing rules must be followed. If you have had a baptism postponed you should now contact Fr. Dever for St. Richard’s (224 1498) and Wyn O’Connor for St. Mary’s (Parish Office 248 8836) to arrange a new date.
Thomas Cliff’s School of Dance: We are happy to announce that Tom Cliff has resumed his classes in St. Mary’s Parish Centre. The safety of all members is our main priority and we want to ensure you that there will be strict measures in place to allow a safe return. For full details of daily classes please telephone Tom on 07469 701 558.
Items for the newsletter including Mass Intentions can be left at the Parish Office Tel. 0161 248 8836 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday midday. The weekend newsletter is published on Friday mornings!